Using WS FTP to upload
All of our Hosting plans include FTP access. The following tutorial will walk you through the steps for configuring your FTP settings in WS FTP so you can connect to your server and upload files.
To get started you will need WS FTP installed on your computer. You can download it here.
Getting your FTP settings
You will need to have your FTP settings on hand in order to use WS FTP to upload your website. Please check your confirmation setup email for the following login information:
How to use WS FTP
This tutorial shows you how to use WS FTP to upload. You can use WS FTP to upload by doing the following:
|Step 1.||Open WS FTP. When WS FTP first opens, the Connection Wizard will display. In this tutorial we will setup manually, click Cancel.|
|Step 2.||In the top menu, under Connections click Site Manager.|
|Step 3.||Click Create Site.|
|Step 4.||Enter a Site Name (Anything) and click Next.|
|Step 5.||Select FTP as the Connection Type and click Next.|
|Step 6.||Enter ftp.yourdomain.com (replace with your actual domain name) as your Server Address.|
|Step 7.||Enter your FTP username and FTP Password, and then click Next.|
|Step 8.||Check your settings and click Finish.|
Congratulations, you have now connected to your account over FTP with WS FTP.
Uploading or Downloading files
Once you have connected to a server, you can transfer files in one of three ways:
- Transfer Arrows. Select a file to transfer. Click the arrow that points away from the pane the file is in.
- Drag and Drop. Click on a file and hold the left mouse button while you drag the file to where you want to transfer it. Select multiple files by holding down the Ctrl key while selecting.
- Copy and Paste. Right-click on a file and select Copy. Then, right-click where you want to transfer the file and select Paste.
The left window is your computer files. The right window is your web server. Locate the public_html directory on your web server. Click to open and move all website files here.
All files must go in the public_html folder. Do NOT place any other files anywhere but here. Your home page file name MUST be labelled index.htm or index.html. The server will try to find this page to display as your first page.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- Connect to FTP using Special FTP accounts
- What folder should I upload my Files to?
- Using FileZilla to upload
- Using Windows 8 to upload
- Using Windows 7 to upload