The site you build with Sitebeat can always be accessed from the free Sitebeat domain and will never expire.
Follow these steps to configure the free Sitebeat domain:
- Open the Dashboard.
- Hover over the site with the mouse cursor and click the Edit button that appears.
- In the left-hand sidebar of the Site Builder that appears, click SETTINGS then click Domains.
- Under Domains, you can configure the free Sitebeat domain. Your site can always be accessed from this domain and will never expire.
The default Sitebeat site address is automatically generated by Sitebeat from the email address associated with your Sitebeat account based on the following principles:
- Symbols, such as dots and underscores, from the email address are replaced with hyphens.
- The part of the Sitebeat account email address preceding the @ symbol (with hyphens instead of the original symbols), in your Sitebeat site address, is followed by a random set of numbers and letters.
- The “.sitebeat.com” part of your domain name is set in stone.
For example, a user with the email address email@example.com may have these default Sitebeat site addresses generated for her:
bob-b-7b3d3.sitebeat.com, bob-b-3c5e4.sitebeat.com, bob-b-6h3s2.sitebeat.com, etc.
Modify Your Free Sitebeat Address
Follow these steps to modify your free Sitebeat site address:
- Under DOMAINS, click on the default FREE / PRIMARY address generated for you.
- Click inside the SITE ADDRESS field and type in your new site address.
- When done, click RENAME.
When modifying the default Sitebeat site address, keep in mind the following naming rules and limitations:
- Must be 2 to 256 symbols long.
- May contain numbers 0 - 9 and Latin letters.
- Must not contain these characters: - @:%_\+.~#?&//=
- Must not contain certain bad words, as well as combinations of bad words and numbers.
Note: You won't be able to register a domain name that is already taken.
Your free Sitebeat domain is set to PRIMARY by default. This is the domain visitors will see when accessing your site. Visitors from all the secondary domains you connect to your site will be redirected to the primary domain.
TIP: You can make any of your connected secondary domains primary with a mere click of the MAKE PRIMARY DOMAIN button.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.