An FTP password that is not secured can compromise confidentiality of your data. With data stored virtually, an account could be susceptible to hacking if you choose a weak password. In case your password is not a strong one, please consider changing it now.
Here’s how to change your FTP password:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click Files icon, or the [ v ] arrow button on the right side, and then click FTP Accounts.
- Scroll down to FTP Accounts. Click on the Gear icon next to the FTP Login you want to reset.
- Select Change Password.
- Type in your new password in the respected fields.
Make sure to create a strong password. The Strength meter will tell you if your password is weak or strong.
If you find it difficult to make a strong enough password for your email, you can let the system create one for you.
To do this, follow the steps below:
You can also choose to check I have copied this password in a safe place. Then, click Use Password. This will automatically copy and paste the generated password in the Password fields.
- Click the Password Generator button, next to the Strength meter.
- In the pop-up box, copy the generated password and paste that in the Password fields.
Important Note: Make sure you have actually saved the generated password in a safe and easy-to-recall place.
- Click Change Password to save your updates.
Changes will take effect after 10 minutes. Thank you for your patience.
Congratulations! You just updated your FTP password.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.