If all the renewal attempts fail and you do not manually renew your domain name by the expiration date, you must restore it. Follow the steps below to restore your domain name.
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- Click on Domains in the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click on Renew from the left menu.
- Tick the box on the right, next to the domain name you wish to renew.
- Click the Renew button on the right.
- You will be redirected to the page where you can renew or update your domain name.
In most cases the gTLD domain names will automatically go into a status called Redemption if not renewed.
What is Redemption?
The Redemption Period is set by the registry and not Crazy Domains, and applies only to ICANN gTLD domain extensions.
The registry will set the Redemption Period status for a domain name only when all renewal attempts have failed, the domain name expires and the registrant does not manually renew their domain name during the renewal grace period, which lasts 0-45 days.
The registry allows Crazy Domains to hold the domain name for a maximum of 30 calendar days, before changing the domain to a Pending Delete status for a period of up to 5 days. If the 5 days pass, and the domain has not been renewed, the registry will delete the domain name making it available for anyone to register.
Activating a domain in Redemption
Recovering a domain from redemption will restore the domain to an Active status and extend the domain registration period by 1 year. Unfortunately, there are administrative fees applied by the registry (not Crazy Domains), these fees include restoring the domain and its renewal for 1 year.
To restore your domain name from redemption, please fill in the Domain Redemption Form and send it back to to the contact details within the form.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.