You can install a MySQL database server on CentOS by doing the following:
- Open your VPS console from the Power Management control panel.
- Log In to your VPS by entering your username and password.
- Install the MySQL database server and client using the following command:
# yum install mysql-server mysql
- Start the MySQL service using the following commands:
# chkconfig mysqld on
# /etc/init.d/mysqld start
- Set up a new MySQL root password using the following command:
# mysqladmin -u root password NEW PASSWORD
- To test connectivity, Run and log in with the provided password:
# mysql -u root -p
Congratulations, you have installed a MySQL database server on CentOS.