Aside from an educated guess, an accurate diagnosis behind a website’s performance is possible. You can easily determine the causes of a slow website using a third-party tool. Up to date, there are several tools available. For the purpose of this article, we enumerated the most commonly used tools. They are as follows:
How to test website speed
To give you an overview, here’s a simple instruction using one of the third-party tools (Web Page Test):
- Go to Web Page Test.
- Enter your domain name in the specified field.
- Select Test Location and Browser on the appropriate field.
- Click Start Test button to proceed.
Important Note: For a more accurate report, repeat after 10 to 15 minutes for a couple of times.
Analyzing Performance Results
Here are things you have to consider when analyzing perfomance results:
- If First Byte is greater than one second, your server is slow. This is due to your website’s plugins and coding.
- If Bytes in is greater than 1,000 KB, the browser has to download heaps of files before your website displays. Consider compressing your website files.
Congratulations! You just learned how to test your website’s speed.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.