How to show .htaccess (hidden files) with the File Manager
Hidden files and folders begin with a dot (.), such as .htaccess. As the name implies, these files are hidden, so editing them is not possible unless shown. To view these files, follow the steps below.
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter username and password and click Log In.
- On the Accounts page, click File icon or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side, and then click File Manager.
- A Directory Selection box will prompt. Tick the box which says Show Hidden Files (dotfiles).
- Click Go.
Congratulations! All hidden files (dot files) will now be shown.
Important Note: Please be careful with editing hidden files. Unless you know what you're doing, we strongly advise against editing.
If you want to know how to make the php.ini recursive in the .htaccess, click here.
If you want to know how to change the default Index page in .htaccess, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- Editing files with File Manager in Web Hosting
- How to access the File Manager
- What is the .htaccess file?
- How to change the default Index page in .htaccess
- How to make the php.ini recursive in the .htaccess