Once the Cloud Backup account is set up, you can begin uploading backups of your computer files and folders.
Here is a shortlist of the process:
- Access the Cloud Backup Console through your Account Manager.
- Download the appropriate Cloud Backup Agent.
- Install the Cloud Backup Agent.
- Create your backup through the Cloud Backup Console.
In creating your Backup, it is important to understand where the files/folders are saved. You are given several options upon clicking on the WHERE TO BACKUP link when creating a New backup plan through the Cloud Backup Console.
Selecting a Destination to Backup Files/Folders
To select the Backup destination using Cloud Backup, follow the instructions below:
- Access the Cloud Backup Console.
- Click Devices on the left menu bar to open the list of all computers/devices connected to the Cloud Backup.
- Select the computer/device you want to back up, then click Backup on the right menu.
- Click Add Backup Plan. If you don’t have a Backup Plan yet, you will be directed to a New Backup Plan template.
- Click on the WHERE TO BACKUP link to select a destination for the files/folders to be backed-up.
Here are your options:
||Backups will be stored in the Cloud data center.
If a single machine is selected, browse to a folder on the selected machine or type the folder path.
If multiple machines are selected, type the folder path. Backups will be stored in this folder on each of the selected physical machines or on the machine where the agent for virtual machines is installed. If the folder does not exist, it will be created.
This is a folder shared via SMB/CIFS/DFS.
Browse to the required shared folder or enter the path in the following format:
\\\\ or smb:////
- For DFS shares:
For example, \\example.company.com\shared\files
Then, click the arrow button. If prompted, specify the username and password for the shared folder.
This option is only available for machines running Linux or OS X.
Browse to the required NFS folder or enter the path in the following format:
Then, click the arrow button. If an NFS folder is protected with a password, it is not possible to back up.
||This option is only available if it is present on each of the selected machines.
Secure Zone is a secure partition on a disk of the backed-up machine. This partition has to be manually created prior to configuring a backup.
- Click on APPLY to save your configuration.
Congratulations! You just set up the destination to Backup your files/folders using Cloud Backup.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.