Once you’ve purchased a new Windows VPS, you will receive an email containing your Administrator login credentials. For security purposes, we recommend that you change your password right away. Consider the following guide in creating a strong password:
- It should at least be 10 characters long.
- It should be a combination of lowercase, uppercase, numbers, and special characters.
- The password should not be used twice.
- Using variations of the same password should be avoided.
To reset your Windows VPS password, simply follow the instructions below:
- Open the Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) function on your computer.
Click on the Start button, type “mstsc” in the search box, and press Enter. The RDP function will appear.
- Enter your VPS IP address and click Connect.
- Enter your username and password then click OK.
- Click on the Start button within the RDP window.
- Search for the Control Panel and open it.
- Under User Accounts, click Change account type then select Administrator.
- Click Change the password.
- Enter your Current password then enter your New password twice.
- You can enter a password hint or leave it blank.
- Click Change password to save.
Congratulations! You have now reset your Windows VPS password.
Note: Do NOT write your password down or store them anywhere. If you can’t trust your memory, then try converting a memorable word or phrase into a strong password, like using Avengers Infinity War and converting it to: 4V3n&3R5!nf1N1tYW4r
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.