FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a third-party application used to upload, download and manage website files. Upon access, the FTP login username and password are required. This is to make sure that your website files are secure and can only be accessed by those authorised.
However, in case you forgot your password, you may reset it through the cPanel for Linux Web Hosting by clicking here, or through the Plesk panel for Windows Web Hosting, by following the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down list.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click Websites & Domains from the left-side menu.
- Click the FTP Access icon from the options under your domain name.
If you can't find the icon, click the [V] Show More option.
- Click on the FTP Account Name that you wish to manage.
- Enter a New password and re-enter to Confirm password in the respective fields provided.
- Click OK to save.
Congratulations! You know now how to reset your FTP account password in Plesk.