Before performing a recovery, you need to have backups of your computer or device first. Below is a shortlist of how you can create a backup using Cloud Backup:
- Access the Cloud Backup Console through your Account Manager.
- Download the appropriate Cloud Backup Agent.
- Install the Cloud Backup Agent.
- Create your backup through the Cloud Backup Console.
Once you’ve set up your backups in Cloud Backup, your files are safe and data can be recovered easily when needed.
Recovering Files Using the Web Interface
Follow the guide below to recover files using the web interface through your Cloud Backup Console:
- Access the Cloud Backup Console.
- Click Devices on the left menu bar to open the list of all computers/devices connected to the Cloud Backup.
- Select the machine that originally contained the data that you want to recover, then click Recovery on the right menu bar.
- Click on the Backup location containing the data you want to recover to display a list of all Backup plans created in that location. Select the specific Backup plan for recovery, then click RECOVER FILES/FOLDERS.
To view more options in selecting a recovery point, click on the More ways to recover link. Here you will find the following:
||Use this option to set the target computer or device for the backup you want to recover.
||Use this option to browse the Cloud Storage, view the contents of the backups, and download files that you need.
Backups of system state, SQL databases, and Exchange databases cannot be browsed.
|DOWNLOAD ISO IMAGE
||Use this option to download an ISO image that you can turn into a bootable media. You can put the ISO image in a flash drive, a disc, or a virtual machine.
If you do not have the media, you can create a bootable media through the Cloud Backup Console using this guide.
Note: Recovery points are filtered by location. If the selected machine is physical and it is offline, recovery points are not displayed.
- Browse to the required folder or use the Search box at the top of the page to obtain the list of the required files and folders. You can use one or more wildcard characters (* and ?).
The asterisk (*) substitutes for zero or more characters in a file name. For example, the criterion Doc*.txt matches files such as Doc.txt and Document.txt.
The question mark (?) substitutes for exactly one character in a file name. For example, the criterion Doc?.txt matches files such as Doc1.txt and Docs.txt, but not the files Doc.txt or Doc11.txt.
- Select the files that you want to recover, then click the Recover tab on the right-hand menu.
If you want to save the files as a .zip file, click Download from the right-hand menu, select the location to save the data to, and click Save. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Under RECOVER TO on the Recover files section, select a target machine for the recovery (if necessary). Your options include:
- The machine that originally contained the files that you want to recover (if it is a machine with an agent or an ESXi virtual machine).
- The machine where Agent for Hyper-V or Agent for Virtuozzo is installed (if the files originate from a Hyper-V or Virtuozzo virtual machine). Files from a Hyper-V or Virtuozzo virtual machine cannot be recovered to the original machine.
Note: When recovering to an ESXi virtual machine, provide the credentials of a guest system user. The user must be a member of the Administrators group in Windows or a root user in Linux.
- Under PATH on the Recover files section, select a recovery destination. Your options include:
- Original location will save the files in the original path (when recovering to the original machine).
- Custom location will save the files in a local folder on the target machine or on a network folder that is accessible from the target machine.
- Click on the RECOVERY OPTIONS link if you wish to configure more preferences. Otherwise, skip this step, then click START RECOVERY.
- From the pop-up window, select a file overwriting option:
- Overwrite existing files
- Overwrite an existing file if it is older
- Do not overwrite existing files
If you do not want the machine to automatically restart if required, untick this option, then click PROCEED.
Depending on your internet connection, you may have to wait a few minutes for the recovery process to complete. You can check the recovery progress by clicking the ACTIVITIES tab on the left-hand menu.
Congratulations! You just recovered files using the web interface in Cloud Backup.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.