How to manage MySQL user privileges
Only users granted permission to read, create, edit, delete, or perform any actions regarding data within your MySQL databases can do so. You can set database user privileges within the Hosting Manager.
To set and/or manage database user privileges, follow the steps below:
- Click on My Account at the top of the page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click the word Databases or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side.
- Next, click the MySQL Databases button, which is next to phpMyAdmin icon.
- On the MySQL Databases main page, under Current Databases, find the database you want to grant or deny access to, and then find the user that you want to modify the privileges of. Click the selected privileged user name.
- Next page, make the appropriate permission changes by checking, or unchecking, the boxes that correspond to the privileges that you want to grant, or disallow, the user. You can also choose to check All Privileges to give the user permission to do everything on the list.
- Click Make Changes.
If the modifications are saved, you will get the following message:
- Click Go Back to go back to the MySQL Databases main page.
√ Updated the privileges for user “user” on the database “database_name”.
Note: When modifying privileges, make sure you select the right database and privileged user name. Users may have access to more than one database.
Congratulations, you now know how to modify or update MySQL database user privileges.
If you want to know how to create a MySQL database and user, click here.
If you want to know what to do in case you lost your MySQL database user/password, click here.
If you want to know how to fix a MySQL databases, click here.
If you want to know how to restore a MySQL Database backup, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- How to add a MySQL user
- How to create a MySQL Database and User
- How to fix a MySQL database
- How to restore a MySQL database backup
- How to backup MySQL databases