A Subdirectory is a folder created within a website. For instance you have mydomain.com as your website, a subdirectory would look like this: mydomain.com/example/.
If a website is not secure, it can be accessible through “HTTP” as in the following examples:
Conversely, if a website is secure, you will find that your website and subdirectories are accessible through “HTTPS”.
For a subdirectory to be accessible through a secure network or via “HTTPS”, you will need to have an SSL Certificate attached to your website.
If you want to know what type of SSL Certificate is best for your business, click the link below:
How to get SSL
Here’s how to get an SSL for your website:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected then enter your Username and Password and click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click the Secure SSL button found on the top grey section.
- Select an SSL Certificate plan and click Buy Now.
- Complete the order.
- Once the order has been completed, an email will be sent to you requesting for further documents.
- Respond with the documents required and your SSL will be activated.
Congratulations! You have just secured your website and its subdirectories.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.