Manual installation of WordPress is possible with an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client, however, we recommend using One-click Install App in the Hosting Manager for your convenience.
If you opt for manual installation, you need the following before you proceed:
Focus on your content, and let us worry about the rest, avail of our WordPress Hosting!
How to Install WordPress with FTP
Follow the steps below to manually install WordPress using FTP.
- In installing WordPress, a MySQL database is necessary.
Create a new database if you have not set up one yet.
- Download the latest version of WordPress to your computer.
- Double-click the zip file downloaded and Extract it.
- Access your FTP Client, and provide the following on the necessary fields:
- Once you have logged in to your FTP Client, upload all the files to the public_html directory for the main domain.
If it is for an Add-on domain or a Subdomain, upload it to the corresponding folder given for such domain.
Note: If you don't want to create a new subdirectory for your WordPress site, upload the contents inside the downloaded file (Latest version of WordPress), NOT the folder itself.
- After uploading all the contents, open a browser and enter your domain and any relevant subdirectory.
Installation instructions will display on the next screen. WordPress will inform you about the necessary information you need before proceeding such as your database name, password, and MySQL host information. Just click Let's Go to continue.
- On the next page, enter your Database Name, Username and Password in the appropriate fields. Keep Database Host and Table Prefix as is. Then, click Submit.
- Click Run the install at the bottom of the success message on screen.
- On the Welcome page, enter Site Title, Username, Password and Email Address to setup your WordPress site.
Note: For future references, save your username and password.
Tick the box for Discourage search engines from indexing this site next to Search Engine Visibility if you do not want to be visible to search engines.
- Click Install WordPress to finish installation.
- WordPress is successfully installed. Enter your Log In details on the appropriate fields to start customising your site.
Congratulations! You have manually installed WordPress using an FTP client.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.