How to fix black dots on fax pages
Fax is ultimately transmitted in black and white (monochrome). Please use your editing software to export your document in black and white. With some scanning software you will also be able to choose fax, monochrome or even change the level at which certain colours are changed into black and white.
In order to successfully remove small black dots that may be appearing on some of your Word based faxes follow these four simple steps:
- Open your document in Microsoft Word.
- Right Click on the image that is received with small black dots and choose format picture from the context menu.
- Click the Picture tab, then select Picture Color.
- Under Recolor, choose the color mode black and white from the drop-down menu.
Now that you have successfully made your document truly black and white you will no longer see small black dots on the backgrounds of your sent faxes.
If none of these things help, please send a support ticket along with your document and we'll assist.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- The fax machine is busy, will my fax still be sent?
- How to send a fax from another email address
- What is Fax to Email?
- How to improve the fax quality for sending
- What to do if the sending of a fax has failed