If you want to create a backup of your email data or upgrade to a newer version of Outlook, you will need to export your data.
When you export data from Outlook, the original items are copied to the export file, but are not removed from the current folder. On Outlook 2016, you can only export data as .olm file. The .olm file can only be used for import of data on Outlook for Mac OS, not for Windows OS or Office 365.
Note: If you are looking into transferring the data onto Outlook for Windows OS or Office 365, then you will need to do the following before beginning the import process:
• Follow the guide below to export data in Outlook 2016. Data will be saved as a .olm file.
• Download a .olm to .pst converter.
• Install the program on your computer.
• Start the program and convert your .olm data to .pst
If you are using a different version of Outlook, click the link below to check out other guides:
Export data in Outlook 2016
You can export data in Outlook 2016 for Mac by doing the following:
- Open Outlook.
- Go to Tools and select Export. You can also go to File to select the Export option.
- On the Export to Archive File (.olm) box, select the items you want to export.
- If you wish to export everything under a specific folder in the Outlook list, tick Items of these types and select the types of items to include.
- If you have applied categories to the items you wish to export, tick Items in the category and select the specific category for export.
- Click Continue to proceed.
- On the next window, specify a location to save the export file, then click Save.
- Once the data has been exported, an Export Complete notification box will appear. Click Finish to exit.
Congratulations! You have just exported data from Outlook 2016 for Mac.
If you want to know how to import data in Outlook 2011 for Mac, click here.
If you want to know how to set up Email Exchange with Outlook 2011 for Mac, click here.
If you want to know how to set up Email Exchange with Outlook 2016 for Mac, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.