You cannot delete the primary FTP user for your hosting account. However, you can delete any of the additional FTP users you have created.
You can delete FTP users by following these steps:
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click the word Files or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side.
- Click the FTP Accounts button, which is next to the Disk Usage icon.
- Scroll down to the FTP Accounts section and then click on the drop-down edit menu next to the FTP Account you wish to remove, under the Action column.
- Click Delete.
- Check the Delete User’s Home Directory if you wish to delete all files under FTP account’s home directory. Otherwise, leave it unchecked.
- Click Delete Account to remove only the account.
Congratulations! You just deleted an FTP User.
- If you want to give your web designer or anyone an access to your site, you can create an FTP account with limited access for them. This way, you will have complete control of it when needed.
- If you want to cut access to any FTP user account, you can change the account password.
- If you want, you can also change your main account password, which will also update the primary FTP login information.
If you want to know how to get started with FTP, click here.
If you want to know how to set up multiple users for FTP, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.