When you assign the product or domain contacts — Registrant, Admin, Tech, and Billing — to another account, you can share access and delegate control of a specific service. You don't need to share your account password and confidential information during this process.
Important: Know the level of permission each contact can have in our Domain and Product Contacts Permission Table.
For this guide, we will call your account Member-A, and the account you will delegate your product or domain as Member-B.
The following are the two ways you can assign or delegate products and domain names to another account.
Delegate a Product or Domain to an Existing Account
First, get the Customer ID or Username of the account where you want to assign or delegate your product or domain name (Member-B), then follow these steps:
- Log in to your Account Manager (Member-A).
- Select the product or service that you want to manage.
- On the product page, scroll down to the Administration section.
- Hover your mouse over the contact you want to delegate, then click Assign New.
- Select the Existing Customer option, then enter the Customer ID or Username of Member-B.
- Click Assign New ID.
Delegate a Product or Domain to Someone Without an Account
If you want to delegate your product or domain to another person, that person needs to have a Crazy Domains account (Member-B). To delegate your products and domain, and create the Member-B at the same time, do the following steps:
- In the Administration section of the product or domain that you want to manage, hover your mouse over the contact that you want to delegate, then click Assign New.
- Select the New Customer option, then fill out the contact details of the new account you want to create (Member-B).
- Click Create Contact.
The new Crazy Domains account has now been created (Member-B). You can provide its login details to the person you want to manage it.
Once you have completed the steps above, the products or domains you have delegated will appear on Member-B.