How to create full and partial backups of your Website files
Before you make any changes or updates to your website, it is highly recommended that you create a backup copy of it first.
Having backup copies of your website files is a good idea, because it enables you to save a version of your website in case of a crash, or compromise by hackers. Backups also give you the option to restore to a previous version of your site, in case there are issues after an update.
How to create a backup of your website files
Creating backup copies of your website files can be done through the Hosting Manager.
Once you are logged in to your Hosting Manager, there are two features you can use to create backup copies of your web files and folders. Read on for specific instructions on how to use each feature.
This feature in your Hosting Manager will allow you to download and store your web files, databases, forwarders, and filters in a backup file.
To create a Full Backup file, click the link below:
If you do not want a full backup copy of your website, you have the option of downloading a partial backup file.
To create partial backup files, click the link below:
Note: You can also restore previous copies of your Home Directory, MySQL Database, Email Forwarders, and/or Email Filters. Just drag and drop your previous backup copies to their respective Choose File fields on the right, and click Upload.
Using Backup Wizard
If you want a guided step-by-step instruction to create and download a backup of your website files, you have the option of using the Backup Wizard.
To use the Backup Wizard, follow the steps below:
- Click on My Account at the top of the page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click the word Files or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side.
- Click the Backup Wizard icon, which is next to the Backup icon.
- Click the Backup button.
- In the next page, you have the option to download the Full Backup or any of the Partial Backup files.
- Next screen, under Generate a Full Backup, fill out the following fields:
Backup Destination This is the space in your website that the backup file will be stored in. Email Address This is the email address the system will send its notification to about the backup file you requested.
- Click Generate Backup.
Note: The Full Backup file will have the .tar.gz file extension.
For the Partial Backup files, below are your options:
- Home Directory
- MySQL Databases
- Email Forwarders & Filters
For creating Partial Backup files, follow the rest of the instructions for each option below:
- Click Home Directory.
- Next page, click Home Directory button again to download the backup file.
Note: Home Directory backup file will have the .tar.gz file extension.
- Click MySQL Databases.
- Next page, click the database you want to download.
Note: MySQL Database backup file will have the .sql.gz file extension.
Email Forwarders & Filters
- Click Email Forwarders & Filters.
- Next page, Email Forwarders are displayed in the left column while the Email Filters are in the right column. Click the backup files you want to download.
Note: Forwarders backup file will have the .com.gz file extension while the Filters will have the .yaml.gz file extension.
Congratulations, you have created backup copies of your website files.
If you want to know how to restore your website backup files, click here.
If you want to know how to get started with Web Hosting, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- How to Back up your Website files
- How to restore your Website backup files
- How to perform a full backup of your Web Hosting
- What folder should I upload my Files to?
- How to create Apache Handlers