How to create Apache Handlers
Apache is web server software that allows computers to host one or more websites accessible over the Internet via web browsers. Apache handlers instruct the server how certain files are managed.
You can configure Apache to handle a specific file type or extension for your website with an existing handler by manually adding the handler and extension, as shown in the instructions below.
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click Advanced icon or the [ v ] arrow button on its right side, and then select Apache Handlers button.
- Enter Handler name in the appropriate field. Apache handlers must be hyphenated (handler-name). See table below for the list of built-in handlers.
default-handler Default handler for static content. send-as-is Send file with HTTP headers just the same. cgi-script Consider files as CGI script. imap-file Imagemap file. server-info Retrieves configuration information of the server. server-status Retrieves status report of the server. type-map Type map file.
- Enter file Extension in the appropriate field.
- Before the extension name, add a period (.).
- Separate multiple extensions with space. (e.g. .ppl .perl .egi)
To Remove handler, click Trash icon next to Apache Handler you wish to remove.
Congratulations! You just assigned a handler to a specified file extension.
If you want to know how to install Apache web server using Red Hat or CentOS, click here.
If you want to know how to install Apache web server using Debian or Ubuntu, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- How to create full and partial backups of your Website files
- How to create custom Error Pages
- How to create a phpinfo page
- How to create a MySQL Database and User
- How to create a Subdomain