A subdomain is simply an extension of a registered domain name. If you want to know more, click on the link below:
To create a subdomain follow the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click the word Domains or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side.
- Click the Subdomains icon, which is next to the Addon Domains icon.
- Next page, under Create a Subdomain, type under the Subdomain field the name you want to give your subdomain.
Once you type in the subdomain name, the system will automatically create a pathway in the Document Root field.
- In the Domain field, choose the primary domain you want the subdomain to be an extension of.
- Click Create.
If the creation is successful, you will get the following notification.
√Success: “subdomain.mydomain.com” has been created.
A subdomain folder will then be automatically created in your database. If you want, you can check it via your File Manager. The folder will have the same name as your newly created subdomain and you can find it in the public_html folder. It will also have a corresponding cgi-bin sub-folder (if CGI scripts are enabled on your account).
- Click Go Back to return to the Subdomains main page.
Congratulations, you now know how to create a subdomain on your Web Hosting.
Useful tip: Many businesses use subdomains to establish branding. It helps them focus on separate product lines because a subdomain creates a separate URL, and thus, set up its own web presence.
Additionally, you can create email accounts using your subdomain extension. For example, with the subdomain blog.mydomain.com you can create email addresses such as:
If you need any assistance creating subdomains, please contact our 24/7 technical support.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.