How to create a POP or IMAP Email Account in the Hosting Manager
POP is a mail protocol that downloads your emails to a specific computer, while IMAP keeps them saved on a remote server and allows you to access them from anywhere. Using IMAP allows you to use Webmail to view sent and received mail.
Before you can use email, you must create the email account in the Hosting Manager. You can set up as many POP3 or IMAP email accounts as you require, up to the maximum limit set for your Hosting Plan.
To create an email account in your hosting manager follow these steps:
- Click on My Account link at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Type in your username and password and click Log In.
- Click on the Email Accounts button under the Email icon.
- Add a New Email Account screen will open, enter the information below:
Enter the new Email you want to create. Password Enter a password for this new email account. Mailbox Size Select the size for the new mailbox, we recommend 1000 MB. If you don't specify the size limit, your mailbox will only be limited by the default size 250 MB. Type in 0 to limit the size to the available disk space.
- Click Create Email.
Congratulations, you have created an email account. Refer to Email Hosting getting started guide for checking your new email. When setting up a client to check your mail, you may choose which protocol (POP3 or IMAP) is more convenient for you when checking your email.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- How to configure Email filters in Hosting Manager
- How to create an Email Account
- Subscribing to your IMAP Inbox in Outlook 2013/Office 365
- How to set up a catch-all email account
- How to increase the storage limit of your Email Account