What is MySQL?
MySQL, or My Structured Query Language, is an open-source database management system where data or information for your website is stored. In order to access data from MySQL, your system needs a computer language such as Java, Perl, Python, and PHP.
Fun fact: The "My" in MySQL is named by Michael Widenius, main author of the original version, after his own daughter's name.
How to create a MySQL Database and User
If you are setting up a web-based application, such as a bulletin board, a blog, or an online shop, you will need to set up a MySQL Database to store its web files. Additionally, you will also need to create a Database user in order to gain access to the database you created, which can read, write, or modify data in that database. You can create both of these within your Plesk panel for Windows Hosting.
To create a database and user in Plesk, follow the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click Databases from the left-side menu.
- Click the + Database button at the top of the page.
- Enter a Database name in the field provided.
- From the Database server drop-down list, select the server that says default for MySQL.
- From the Related site drop-down list, select the website whose files you wish to save in this database.
Or, select No related sites if you're not ready to connect it to a site yet.
Note: To assign a website later, go back to Databases from the left-side menu and click the Assign this database to a site link beside the Database name that you wish to manage.
- Under Users, select Create a database user.
- Enter a Database user name in the field provided, assign a New password for this user, and re-enter the password in the Confirm password field.
- Select or deselect User has access to all databases within the selected subscription, according to the user privilege you would like to grant this user.
- Under Access control, select or deselect the permitted actions you would like to further grant the user within the database.
- Click OK to save.
Congratulations! You now know how to create a MySQL database and user in Plesk.
Note: When you create a database and/or user, the system will automatically use your Plesk panel username as a prefix, e.g., username_database01 or username_user01.
To further manage the user priveleges assigned to the Database user you just created, go back to Databases from the left-side menu, click User Management from the right-side menu, and click on the Database user name that you wish to manage. You will be able to manage the user's Role, Data Access privileges, and Structure Access priviliges from here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.