After you have registered your domain name and received confirmation, you will need to update the Name Servers on your domain to connect it to the new hosting provider.
Your hosting provider information
Be sure to have your new hosting provider's Name Server information. If you don't know it, check the support area on their website for the Hosting Name Servers or contact them and ask "What are the Name Servers for my Hosting service so I can connect my domain name".
The hosting providers Name Servers will look something like this ns1.myhostname.com and ns2.myhostname.com
Connect the domain to the hosting provider
If you have the hosting provider's Name Servers you can follow the steps below to connect your domain name.
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click on Domains in the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the domain you wish to update.
- In the Name Servers sections, click the menu icon on the right and select Add Name Server from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Host Name (Name Servers) and the IP address if you have it.
- Click Update.
The Name Server update will be applied immediately, but the change will need 24 hours to propagate across the Internet. Once this is complete, your domain name will connect with your new hosting provider.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.