Search Engine Optimization is one of the best-know methods to increase the number of visitors on your site. SEO is the backbone of search engine traffic; keywords are its heartbeat. As an important activity that defines the strength for your SEO as well as the content is finding relevant keywords for your website.
When a landing page is optimised based on specific keywords you gain the ability to optimise your content. This helps you reach top pages of different search engines, where your audience can find you.
It is not easy to find the right keywords that can help you with the number of visitors to your site. Optimal results require proper understanding of keyword research.
What Are Keywords
We hear a lot about SEO and content keywords, what are keywords?
This can be two things:
- These are short phrases or words which people search. For example, when someone searches about Christmas gifts before Christmas, Christmas gifts will be the keyword.
- These are short phrases or words that define your topic. For example, you are writing something about Christmas gifts, you can use ‘Christmas Gift’ as keyword. But you can’t use it as keyword if you are writing about something related to website domains.
These are both used together, you decided the topic of your content and then find keywords your audience relates to.
How to Find the Right Keywords
To improve visibility, we already have established that you need to find the correct keywords. How do we go about doing it?
Explore with keywords, and asses your goals. But how?
- Do you want fast results?
- Are you targeting a specific audience?
- Do you wish people to buy from you?
- Are you trying to spread awareness of your brand?
To move forward, you need to understand and lay out your goals. This will help you generate specific type of revenue.
Long-Tail and Head Keywords
Once you’ve laid out your goal, decide the percentage of long-tail and keywords you’ll use:
- Head keywords are short: Christmas gifts
- Long-tail keywords are phrase: Christmas gifts for sister in 2020
Head keywords are short and have a huge dedicated audience but come with a ton of competition, with long-tail keywords, you automatically end up reducing competition. The outreach is low but with low competition you can attract a much larger audience.
Conduct search for perfect keywords through the available online tool. With these tools, you can decide on the top candidates you can use. Make a list and mention search volumes, competition, current ranking or position, and relevancy of the keywords in a file.
You should include every keyword that you think is important for your website and it can be utilised for your content promotion or search engine ranking.
You should shortlist the right candidates based on your goal. The likelihood and search volume of every keyword. Depending with your goal and the outreach you are looking for, you should be able to create a blend of long-tail and head keywords.
Note: It is likely that your first blend will not be right and nowhere near perfect. This will give you pointers for future improvements.
Tools for Keyword Research
Here are a few list that can help you find keywords based on your goal:
- Google’s Keyword Planner
- Keyword Tool
- Answer The Public
How to Add Keywords in Your SEO Tool
To add your new keywords, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Online Marketing Hub.
- Click the My Profile tab.
- Scroll down to and click the Description option.
- Enter related keywords how customers will search your business.
- Click Save button.
Allow a few minutes, you can set up your SEO toll and integrated searched keywords to yoru website without any hassle.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance, or if you have any questions. We'd love to help!
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.