What is an Email account password?
An Email account password serves as your key that will enable you to access your email account. You need to set a password for every email account you create.
When creating passwords, it is recommended that you use uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols to create a strong password. You need strong passwords so you can be certain that your email accounts are secure. The Strength meter will tell you how weak or strong your password is when you type it in the Password fields.
Also, in order to be certain of your email accounts’ continued security, it is highly recommended that you change your passwords regularly. This is especially if you have logged into your email account using someone else’s computer or device, or you suspect that someone else got unauthorised access to your account.
How to change your Email account password?
If you want to change your email account password, follow the steps below:
- Click on My Account at the top of the page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click the word Email or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side.
- Click the Accounts icon, which is next to the Forwarders icon.
- On the next page, under Email Accounts, find the email account you want to change the password of.
Click the key or Change Password icon.
- Type in your new password in the respected fields.
Make sure to create a strong password. The Strength meter will tell you if your password is weak or strong.
If you find it difficult to make a strong enough password for your email, you can let the system create one for you.
To do this, follow the steps below:
You can also choose to check I have copied this password in a safe place. Then, click Use Password. This will automatically copy and paste the generated password in the Password fields.
- Click the Password Generator button, next to the Strength meter.
- In the pop-up box, copy the generated password and paste that in the Password fields.
Important Note: Make sure you have actually saved the generated password in a safe and easy to recall place.
- Click Change Password to save your updates.
You will then get the confirmation message Password Changed.
Congratulations, you have changed your Email account password.
Important Note: Make sure that you also change the password to the email client (e.g. Outlook) connected to the email account with the new password, so you'll be able to receive emails there as well. You are only given a certain number of attempts to log in to your account. Once you've reached the maximum number of attempts, your IP will be blocked. If you wish to change your password, you will have to update the email password on all your devices as soon as possible to avoid getting blocked.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.