How do I update the SRV Records?
A SRV Record (Service record) is used to indicate the location of a service (such as VOIP or IM) that you can then use on your own site.
To create a SRV Record on your domain name you will need Premium DNS, which is a DNS cloud hosting service fully loaded with DNS hosting management tools. This option is located under each domain with your Account Manager.
Creating SRV Records
You can create SRV Records easily by doing the following:
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- Click on Domains from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on the domain you wish to update. If you have only one domain, you will be taken straight to the domain management page for that domain.
- Scroll down to the DNS Settings - Premium section, click the menu icon on the right and select Add Record from the drop-down menu.
- Select SRV Record from the drop-down menu and click Add.
- Enter the Sub Domain if necessary, set the Priority number (lower means higher priority) and the Weight number (higher means higher weight) of the target host, set the Port of the service and type the domain name of the target host in the Target field.
- Click Update.
SRV Records are applied immediately but may take up to 2 hours to propagate across the Internet. If you have created your SRV Records and have seen no change, please wait for this propagation. Otherwise, it is advised that you contact us.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- How do I update the AAAA Records?
- How do I update the CNAME Records?
- How do I update the TXT Records?
- How do I update the MX Records?
- How long does it take for DNS Records to Propagate?