Online Support tutorials, answers and guides
Getting started guide: Web Hosting
When you activate Web Hosting you gain the ability to upload your website files and create personal email addresses. This guide will show you how to get started and enjoy all your web hosting benefits.
Table of Contents
- Your Hosting Manager
- Creating an Email Account
- How to access your Email Account
- Uploading your Website
- Configuration for Web Hosting
Your Hosting Manager
You can login anytime to your Hosting Manager directly or through the Account Manager. The Hosting Manager will give you ability to setup new email accounts, add web files, view website statsics, manage scripts and much more for the advanced user.
Creating an Email Account
The very first step required for using the email service with your hosting is to create an Email Account in your Hosting Manager. Follow the below guide to create an Email Account.
Once you have set up your Email Account in your Hosting Manager, you can begin to use your email. The next section will guide you on how to access your email.
How to access your Email Account
Before you begin to setup your email client, you must first decide how you would like to access your email. You can use many Desktop Programs to check your email. Most popular email clients that most users are familiar with include Microsoft Outlook and Mac Mail. You can use any mail program you want to connect to our servers. The tutorials below will guide you setting up your email client.
Furthermore, You can use Webmail to check from any location using your web browser. Also, you can use a third party like Google Apps or your mobile device.
Uploading your Website
There are many ways to upload and transfer your website, below is a list of Simple File Transfer Programs (FTP) we recommend. Also, you can use any HTML editor. Click on one of the articles below for a step-by-step tutorial.
For more information please view the following guide:
Configuration for Web Hosting
If you are having issues with setting up your Web Hosting you may need to configure your Domain Name to connect to the Web Hosting services.
- If yourdomain.com is Not Registered, you will need to register the domain, once that is complete you will need to set the name servers below, so you can connect to the Web Hosting
- If yourdomain.com is Registered with another provider, you will need to login to their domain manager and set the name servers below, so you can connect to the Web Hosting.
- If yourdomain.com currently has other name servers set, you will need to change this to the name servers below. Please keep in mind, this will affect any current services connect to yourdomain.com.
To connect to the Web Hosting services, use the following Name Servers with your domain name: ns1.syrahost.com and ns2.syrahost.com
Other Web Hosting related options
There are many configuration settings and options related to your Web Hosting, learn more from the below tutorial links.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.