Getting started guide: Premium Email Protection
This guide will explain how to use Premium Email Protection, which filters spam and viruses from your email inbox.
Table of Contents
- Set up Premium Email Protection
- Quarantine Summary Reports
- Spam Filter Report
- Accessing Your Quarantined Email
The Premium Email Protection when purchased is automatically set up to protect all email addresses connected to your hosting service.
All emails are now scanned for reputation, including IP address, viruses, malware & domains of known spam sources. These emails are then blacklisted or whitelisted automatically. So you can now sit back and enjoy a spam free inbox.
Quarantine summary reports
When you have quarantined email waiting to be processed, Barracuda sends you a quarantine summary report. You have the choice to receive these Daily, Weekly or Never. Daily is recommended. From within the email, you can review your quarantined messages, add messages to your whitelist, delete messages, or have messages delivered to your Inbox.
Spam Filter Report
Each month we’ll be sending you a Spam Filter Report which provides insights into the number of spam we are blocking and safe guarding your inbox of unwanted email. There are two key aspects to the report:
- Filtered, these are the number of emails our system has checked
- Blocked, showing how many emails have been blocked from reaching your inbox
You can easily unsubscribe from scheduled reports by doing the following:
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected.
- Type your username and password and click Log In.
- In the Account Manager dashboard click the Edit Profile button under your account information.
- Select the Preferences tab and uncheck the Spam Protection Statistic checkbox in the Email section.
- Click the Save button.
Accessing your quarantine email
The first time the Spam Server quarantines an email intended for you, the Barracuda system sends you a greeting message with a subject line of User Quarantine Account Information. The greeting message contains a greeting, username, and a link to access your Quarantine Inbox.
Any additional quarantines will be communicated to you so you don't need to save this message.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.