A Shared Mailbox isn't primarily associated with individual users and is generally set to allow access for multiple users. Once a Shared Mailbox is created, permissions must be assigned to all users requiring access.
Create a Shared Mailbox
To create a Shared Mailbox, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Exchange Manager.
- Under Hosted Organisation - Exchange, click on the Mailboxes icon.
- Click on the Display Name of the mailbox you would like to share with others.
- On the Edit User page, click on the Permissions tab.
- Click Add and select all users you wish to provide access to the Shared Mailbox to, then click Add Accounts under the following categories:
Once done, click on Save Changes.
- Under Full Access, users have full control over the Shared Mailbox.
- Under Send As, users can send emails as if they are logged into the Shared Mailbox account and recipients will see that the email is from a Shared Mailbox.
- Under Send on Behalf, users can send emails on behalf of the Shared Mailbox. For example, if firstname.lastname@example.org sends an email to a recipient, the recipient will see that the email was sent by "me" on behalf of email@example.com.
Congratulations! You have now created a Shared Mailbox.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.