Once you have created mail contacts in Email Exchange, you can group your contacts and use one Distribution List email to send updates or messages to teams and other departments in your organisation like Accounting Department or IT Support team. A Distribution List is useful in organising address book of a large scale Exchange users in a network.
This article will guide you how to:
Create Distribution List via Exchange Manager
If you are an admin and has access to Exchange Manager, please follow the steps below:
- Log In to your Exchange Manager.
- Under Hosted Organisation– Exchange click on the Distribution Lists Icon.
- Click on Create New Distribution List button at the top-right section of the page.
- Enter the following details below and click the Create Distribution List button:
|Enter the Distribution List Name that will appear in your addres book.
|Enter the email address of Distribution List that can be seen and used by other users in your network.
|By default the person who creates the Distribution List is the one who manages it or click the Lookup Users button to add a different user.
|You will be routed to another page to complete creating your Distribution List.
- If you have setup Mailbox for other users with Exchange then click Add button to add Members to your Distribution List.
- Configure more settings by clicking on these tabs: Email Addresses, set Mail Flow Settings, setting Permissions, and add it to a Group User in your Exchange address book, then click Save Changes button.
A prompt message will appear to confirm your Distribution List has been created.
Make sure you have setup your Mailbox in Outlook. Open your Outlook on your desktop then follow the steps below:
|From the Contacts window, click on the New Contact Group button found at the top menu.
|Complete the following details below:
- Enter a Name for your New Contact Group.
- Click Add Members button and select from either Outlook Contacts, From Address Book or directly create a New E-mail Contact.
|Click Save & Close button
|Log In to your Outlook Web Access.
|Click on the 9-Square Icon at the top menu and select People.
|Click the New button and select Contact list from the option.
|Enter the List name of the Contact Group, and enter the name to Add members or learn how to create contacts on Outlook in this linked guide.
|Click the Save button, the added Contact Group will appear on your OWA directory.
You may also share contacts and folders on Outlook Desktop or OWA. Please let us know if you need further assistance or if you have any questions. We’d love to help!