You can connect a domain you own from a third-party domain provider to your Sitebeat site from the left-hand sidebar of the Site Builder in Sitebeat.
To connect a third-party domain, follow these steps:
- Open the Sitebeat Dashboard.
- Hover over the site with the mouse cursor and click the EDIT button that appears.
- In the left-hand sidebar of the Site Builder, click SETTINGS then click Domains.
- Click CONNECT DOMAIN.
- Enter a valid domain URL in the field provided, e.g. mythirdpartydomain.com, then click CONTINUE.
- Click the domain name under CONNECTED then click DNS SETTINGS.
The DNS SETTINGS table that appears contains the DNS (Domain Name System) entries you need to set for your third-party domain to work. These entries should be set through your third-party domain provider.
- Log into your third-party domain provider to manage these DNS settings, as explained below:
It might take 15 minutes to 2 hours for the third-party domain to connect, depending on the third-party domain provider and a wide range of other factors. The domain is connected when all the statuses in the Sitebeat DNS SETTINGS table are set to Connected.
- Register a type A site with the IP address received from Sitebeat (refer to the bottom row of the Sitebeat DNS SETTINGS table).
- Set up redirect from www to the registered type A site (see the middle row of the Sitebeat DNS SETTINGS table for all the necessary data).
- Set up another redirect using the password generated by Sitebeat and displayed in the leftmost cell of the top row of the Sitebeat DNS SETTINGS table.
TIP: Click the REFRESH button to view the updated statuses.
Your free Sitebeat domain is set to PRIMARY by default. This is the domain visitors will see when accessing your site. Visitors from all the secondary domains you connect to your site will be redirected to the primary domain.
Note: You can make any of your CONNECTED secondary domains primary with a mere click of the MAKE PRIMARY DOMAIN button.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.