Connect to FTP using Special FTP accounts
FTP or File Transfer Protocol is for transferring computer files on a network. The main use for FTP are the following:
- Exchange of files between computer accounts.
- Transfer of files between an account and a desktop computer.
- Access of online software archives.
Special FTP accounts are FTP accounts linked to administrative aspects of your hosting account and cannot be deleted. Your main account with the person icon gives FTP access to all files in your web hosting account. The log access account with the table icon allows you to download your website’s raw access logs.
Using Special FTP Accounts
Connect to your FTP server using your Special FTP accounts with these simple steps:
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click on the Files icon or [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side, then click on the FTP Accounts button.
- Under Special FTP Accounts, click on the gear/settings icon or [ v ] arrow symbol on the ACTIONS column, then select Configure FTP Client.
- Under Manual Settings, use the provided details to manually configure the Special FTP Account through a chosen FTP client. Under Configuration Files, click on the FTP Configuration File button below the FTP client you wish to use, such as Filezilla, CoreFTP, and Cyberduck.
Note: We strongly recommend that you click on the Instructions (new window) button below the FTP client you wish to use and read these instructions before proceeding.
Congratulations! You just connected to FTP with your Special FTP account.
If you want to know how to use different PHP versions, click here.
If you want to know how to change your PHP version in the cPanel hosting, click here.
If you want to know what the path to the PERL and public_html folder is, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- What are Special FTP accounts?
- How to delete FTP users
- Using WS FTP to upload
- How to FTP with Internet Explorer 7 or 8
- How to FTP with Internet Explorer 10