Connecting a domain to your website establishes your domain as the primary web address for your site. This means that when people access your domain in their web browsers, they will be able to view your website.
Whether your domain is registered here or elsewhere, this guide will help you connect your domain to your Crazy Domains website.
Option 1: Use cPanel Name Servers
The easiest way to point your domain to your cPanel Website is to connect your domain to the following name servers:
If your email is hosted elsewhere, make sure to add the necessary DNS records of your email service in the cPanel DNS editor before using the name servers above.
Option 2: Update Your DNS Settings
If you want to keep using the name servers of your domain name, follow the next steps carefully:
Step 1: Get your cPanel IP address.
- Log in to your cPanel Hosting Manager.
- Look for the Shared IP Address on the right sidebar and copy the IP Address.
Step 2: Find your DNS Settings.
- Access your domain name in your Account Manager and check the current name servers connected to it.
NOTE: If your domain name is registered elsewhere, you can do a WHOis search or contact your domain registrar to know what name servers are connected to your domain name.
- Refer to the table below to know where you can add the A records of your domain.
|DNS Settings Location
|Comes from What Service
|Premium DNS Upgrade
|Email Hosting, Linux Hosting, Website Builder, and eCommerce Builder
|Exchange Hosting (AU)
|Exchange Hosting (UK)
|Other name servers (not ours)
|On your DNS provider's account
Step 3: Point the A Record to your website's IP address.
Select the location of your DNS settings below to know the exact instructions.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- In the Dashboard, click the domain name you want to manage.
- On the domain name page, scroll down to the DNS Settings section.
- In the DNS Settings, click the menu button, and select Add Record.
- Select A Record from the dropdown menu, and then click Add.
- Leave the Sub Domain field empty.
- Enter the IP address of your cPanel in the IP Address field.
|(leave this blank)
|(cPanel IP address) ex. 220.127.116.11
- Click Update to save the changes.
- Add another A Record.
- On the Sub Domain field, enter www.
- Enter the IP address of your cPanel on the IP Address field.
|(cPanel IP address) ex. 18.104.22.168
- Click Update and wait for the changes to take effect.
IMPORTANT: You should only have one A record for your main domain and one A record for the www subdomain. Remove irrelevant A records.
By default, the A records in your cPanel DNS editor is already configured. However, you can use this guide to review the settings to ensure they are correct.
- Log in to your cPanel.
- On your cPanel, scroll down to the Domains section, and click Zone Editor.
- Locate your domain on the domain list and click Manage on the right.
- Review the existing A records of your primary domain (yourdomain.tld) and the www. You should have the following records:
Problem: The IP address is not correct.
Solution: You might have changed your A records before. To correct, just click the Edit button on the right side of the record, and change the value of the IP Address. Click Save Record and wait for the changes to take effect.
Problem: The WWW has no A record but has a CNAME record.
Solution: That's okay. Just ensure the CNAME value of WWW is (yourdomain.tld), and the A Record of (yourdomain.tld) is pointing to the IP address of your cPanel.
Other name servers (not ours)
The following instructions are generic. If you're having a hard time following it, please contact your Name Server provider for assistance.
- Log in to your DNS provider's portal and find the DNS settings.
- Add the following A records to your primary domain (yourdomain.tld) and the www:
- Save your new DNS settings and wait for them to fully work.
IMPORTANT: Changes to the Name Servers and DNS records within Crazy Domains will take two to four hours to fully work on the internet. However, some ISPs have their TTL duration that could override our maximum DNS resolution time. It may cause the changes to take up to 24-48 hours to fully work.
Was this helpful?
80% of people found this helpful.