Changing the Quota for an FTP account in cPanel
Quota is the maximum bandwidth an FTP user can use for an account. This can be set in the Hosting Manager, so you could keep track the disk space used by an FTP user. The set quota will be your limit bandwidth for your FTP account.
Follow the steps below to change quota for an FTP account:
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click Files, or the [ v ] arrow button on the right side, and then click FTP Accounts.
- Scroll down to FTP Accounts. Click on the Gear icon next to the FTP Login you want to reset.
- Select Change Quota.
- Set a fixed quota limit by entering a value on the field provided.
You may also choose Unlimited to allow user to use total bandwidth of your account.
- Click Change Quota to save changes.
Congratulations! You just changed the quota for your FTP account.
If you want to know how to set up an FTP account, click here.
If you want to know how to set up an FTP connection, click here.
If you want to know how to delete FTP users, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- Setup a new FTP Account
- Using Awstats to view Website Statistics in cPanel
- How to set up an FTP connection
- How to view Error Logs in cPanel
- How to change your PHP version in cPanel Hosting