Building a webpage with Sitebeat is as easy as 1, 2, 3! You can use one of the Sitebeat template pages or a blank page as a starting point for your own webpage. Each of the Sitebeat templates contains a basic set of professionally designed pages with sample content - text, images, forms, and videos - which you can replace with your own. You can modify the page by editing the selected template prefilled with structured content or by adding new content - blocks or individual elements - to the page.
Building a Page
Follow these simple steps to create your own custom, professional-looking pages with Sitebeat:
- Add a Page (blank or template).
To save time and energy, use one of the professionally designed templates to build your site. With each multi-page website template you use to build your own site, you get a standard set of pages ordinarily encountered on a website, such as HOME, ABOUT, GALLERY, NEWS, CONTACT, BLOG, and DELIVERY pages. Template pages are created for a specific purpose. You can use these ready-made pages to build your own Home, Contacts, or Gallery pages.
All you need to do is:
You can then edit and rearrange the content on your own website.
- Duplicate a page from the template you have selected to build your own site (this way, you will end up with two identical GALLERY or ABOUT pages on the site you are building) OR copy a page from any of the other templates available in Sitebeat, and then
- Replace the sample content with actual data: your own contact details, slogans, pictures, and videos.
Note: Be advised that there is a 5-page limit per project in the free Starter plan. Upgrade to create a site with more than 5 pages.
Follow the links below to learn how to:
- Fill in the Template Layout.
Fill in the template layout with actual content to customize the webpage. Each template layout is prefilled with sample content. All you need to do is:
Follow the links listed below to learn how to modify each of the layout elements that you can encounter in any given template layout:
- Select the element of the layout (text, heading, photo, video, button, icon, form, map, Facebook like, etc.) to display the editing menu, and
- Replace the selected sample content with the actual content you would like to appear on your site. You can then edit the selected element, with the help of the same editing menu, to suit your needs.
TIP: These layout elements (text, heading, photo, video, button, icon, form, map, Facebook like, etc.) are called "Features" in Sitebeat.
- Expand the Template Layout.
Feel free to expand the template layout by adding blocks and individual elements called "features" in Sitebeat. You can also rearrange the elements of the layout, blocks, and features, to create the custom design that suits your needs.
You can access the library of ready-made blocks and features by clicking the BUILD button found on the left-hand sidebar of the Sitebeat Editor.
The two tabs, Features and Blocks, list all the layout elements that you can use to create custom pages.
Drag a block or a feature from the library found on the left-hand sidebar of the Site Builder and drop it onto one of the available placeholders which are highlighted in red when you drag the selected layout element over them.
You will need to click other features, such as text or header items, as well as buttons and icons, to display the editing menu and be able to modify these features. For example, click an icon to display the editing menu and be able to:
- A block consists of a set of features. Both blocks and features are configurable. You can move, duplicate, and delete blocks, as well as modify their settings from the right-hand floating sidebar that appears when you hover over the block with the mouse cursor.
- To modify the design and settings of some of the features, you need to hover over them and click the Edit button that appears in their top right-hand corner to display the editing box.
- Locate and replace the icon,
- Add a shape to the icon,
- Align the icon (with the shape) to the left, to the right, or place it in the center of the placeholder,
- Rotate the icon left or right, or
- Flip the icon vertically or horizontally.
- Preview and Publish the Page.
To view the page you are building as it will appear when your visitors access it online, click PREVIEW from the top right-hand corner of the screen.
To make the site available online, you need to publish it. You can publish a site from both modes - Edit and Preview - in Sitebeat.
- All the editing functionality is hidden in Preview Mode.
- Use the Navigation Menu at the top of the screen to navigate the website in Preview Mode.
- To switch between viewing modes (widescreen, laptop, tablet, or mobile), click the corresponding buttons found at the bottom of the screen.
- To return to the Editing Mode, click BACK TO EDITOR found at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- To publish a site from the Edit Mode, click the PUBLISH button found at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- To publish a site from the Preview Mode, click the PUBLISH button found at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
Note: You will be able to update the site with all the changes you make at a later point in time by clicking the Update button that appears in place of the PUBLISH button once you have published the site.
Congratulations! You have just created your own page.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.